Monday 18 January 2010

2010 so far....

It has been a while since I last wrote here. Been very-very busy lately, adjusting myself to the new year, a new circle of life…

What has happened so far?

Well, firstly, my son has entered a new era in his schooling life… Standard 1! I took leave on 4th, 5th and 6th, just to check on him and settle whatever I need to settle regarding school of my two kids. Before that, 1st and 2nd January, my son had his orientation days. It was ok as the kids were showed around the school, placed into temporary classes, took their placement test. After the placement test, the children were immediately segregated into their actual classes. My son is totally not like my daughter. Well, I guess, different kids have different level and their paces are not the same. I have to learn to accept that and not comparing my son with my daughter. I don’t expect him to be in the first class but I was a bit disappointed that he was in the third class. However, I did my mental evaluation about the situation, and realised that he is actually average, which is actually ok. So, I am ok about it.

During the 3 days of my leave, my hubby also took leave. Basically, we had the time to catch up with one another. I was rather happy with the whole thing because very seldom that we get the chance to be just the two of us… most of the time is always 4, 3 (me and kids) or more (with his car group geng!).

The second day of leave, 5th January, after sending the kids off to school, we didn’t know what to do. We drove around town just to kill time, as the kids were to be picked up around 3.30pm. Thinkg and thinking in the car, then it stroke us! Actually, we were looking for our standard 6 teacher, Ms. Srina for quite some time and during the school holidays; I managed to Googled her and found out that she is teaching in Sekolah Menengah Tinggi Setapak. We decided to meet her up at her school. It was really satisfying to be able to meet her after 25 years. She was very happy about it, and we took photos with her.

We will be arranging for a Re-union for our Standard 6 classmates soon and really can’t wait for that!

The week ends with no major events i.e. my son was ok with his new school and environment. But of course I have bribed him! I promised him that if he went to school like any good boy, then we will go for bowling that Sunday. So, you could guess what we did that Sunday lah!

My 2010 so far has been very hectic. My schedule has changed tremendously. Now I have to pick the kids from school every day, which mean that sharp 5pm I have to leave the office. This would also mean that I have to settle my work during office hours, unlike before; I tend to go back late to catch up with work. The thing is, during office hours there are a lot of interruptions from other departments, seeking my advice and consultation, leading to my own work being neglected. But I guess I have to learn to manage my time accordingly. This year also I will be preparing food for dinner instead of eating out as the kids get hungry once they are back from school. So far I have been doing well, but I hope I will maintain my sanity…. Hehehehehe…. God, give me strength….

No comments:

Post a Comment