Thursday 8 March 2012

Terasa keinsafan...

Tonight on the National Geographic channel, they aired the compilation of amateur video clippings of the Japan 2011 Earthquake/Tsunami disaster, starting with the 6 minute quake to the after shocks to the tsunami to the day after the tsunami, in rememberance of the disaster that happenned almost a year ago...

I still remember that day...

11 March 2011, about 4pm:
My colleagues and I were in Pangkor, having our Offsite Annual Dinner cum team building event. After the treasure hunt, we had a couple of hour to rest in our rooms before the dinner. My roomate and I were lazing in our room while watching the telly. Somehow we put on the news channel. As we watched the disaster happening right before our eyes, we were also quite worried about being on the island. I was about to take the next ferry back to Lumut and grab whatever transportation I could get, to get back to KL. But after calling here and there, searching the net on tsunami warnings for our country and got the latest update from the news, we just carried on our stay there.

That night we couldn't really sleep peacefully and left the telly on so that we could get the latest updates as soon as we open our eyes.

Now, watching that documentary really makes me wonder and think back about my life. The quake was only 6 minutes, what about doomsday?

O God Almighty, aku mohon keampunan di atas segala dosa-dosaku...

I feel so small...

~a bit scared Xena~
8 March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment